Contact Butler County

Butler County Courthouse

428 Sixth Street
P.O. Box 325
Allison, IA 50602

F: (319) 267-2625

E: strepp@butlercoiowa.org

   (319) 267-2264
   (319) 267-2670
County Attorney:
   (319) 267-2521
Clerk of Court:
   (319) 267-2487
Driver License:
   (319) 267-2145
Emergency Management:
   (319) 267-9968
   (319) 267-2630
   (319) 267-2735
Public Health:
   (319) 267-2934
   (319) 267-2410
Treasurer: Auto:
   (319) 267-2774
Treasurer: Tax:
   (319) 267-2703
Veteran Affairs:
   (319) 267-9967
   (319) 267-9968


code red


Butler County is now using the CodeRED Emergency Notification System. It is an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications and the distribution of information considered to be important... read more.

Motor Vehicle Division

Payment Options

Mail - Allow a minimum of five business days to receive registration stickers. Postmark is accepted as date of payment.

Drop Box - Northside of Courthouse. Payments will be considered timely made the same as postmark dates.

Pay-online - With www.iowatreasurers.org Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or E-check accepted. (Service fees are computed per transaction)

Counter - Check, cash, credit or debit card accepted (service fee is computed per transaction.

Motor Vehicle Forms

Forms maybe downloaded for most Motor Vehicle Transactions at https://forms.iowadot.gov/BrowseForms.aspx

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I change my address on my registration?
A. Call, write or email our office with your new address. You will receive a new registration.

Q. I lost one of my license plates, how do I get a replacement?
A. We will issue a new set of plates upon receiving the remaining plate and the $5.00 replacement fee. To issue a new set of plates for a motorcycle or trailer, $5.00 and the plate number is required.

Q. My validation sticker fell off my plate, how do I get a new one?
A. Call, write or email our office with your plate number and we will issue a duplicate. There is no charge for this.

Q. How do I replace a lost title?
A. An Application for Replacement Title will need to be completed with all registered owners signatures and a $25.00 fee. Replacement title applications are held for a mandatory 5 day waiting period. The replacement title will be mailed to the instructions on the application.

Q. How do I get a DNR pheasant plate?
A. All Specialty plates may be purchased at our office. Specialty plates have various purchase fees and renewal fees. Current county plates will need to be surrendered.

Q. How long do I have to transfer a title into my name?
A. Thirty days from the date of purchase. Registration fees begin on date of purchase.

Q. Do I have to come into the office to get a transfer done?
A. Most transfers can be calculated over the phone. The buyer will need the title and their information available.

RocketTheme Joomla Templates