- Latest News
- Clerk of Court
- Community Services
- Conservation & Nature
- County Attorney
- Driver's License
- Economic Development
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Health
- Public Health
- Transfer Station
- Veteran's Affairs
- Citizen's Center
- Code Red
- About Us
- Contact Us
Please Visit www.iowalandrecords.org for public record recordings.
Your recorder/registrar is responsible for recording your:
- Contracts Mortgages
- Assignments, Releases
- Federal and State Tax Liens
- Plats & Surveys
- Section Corner Certificates
- Military Service Records
- Trade Names
- 28E & Drainage Agreements Bills of Sale
- Articles of Incorporation
- Financing Statements
- ...plus numerous other documents
Your recorder/registrar is responsible for selling or issuing:
- Boat Registrations/Titles/Liens
- Snowmobile Registrations/Titles/Liens
- ATV Registrations/Titles/Liens
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Fur Harvester Licenses
- Habitat, Duck and Trout Stamps
- Deer and Wild Turkey Licenses
- Landowner/Tenant Gun & Archery Licenses
- Boundary Water/Troutline Licenses
- Ginseng Harvest/Grower License
- Bait Dealer License
- Taxidermy License
For more information see: Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- Issues Marriage Licenses
- Registers Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates
- Certifies Vital Record
Items necessary for passport application
- Completed passport form (unsigned).
- Passport pictures (1). Red background not accepted.
- Certified copy of birth certificate, or old passport.
- Driver's license for identification purposes.
- Used passport if in applicant's possession.
- Check or cash in the amount of $25.00 payable to Butler County Recorder.
- Check made payable to U.S. Department of State:
$110 Age 16 and over.
$80 Age 15 and under.
$30 Age 16 and over.
$15 Age 15 and under.
- Collects real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property, a portion of which is retained in your county's general fund.
- Performs federal and state tax lein searches and research of current records for the public.
- Collects and reports auditor's fee on transfer of property.
- Certifies recorder's records.
- Makes records available for genealogy research.
- Files detailed reports monthly and annually to the county and state agencies.